Updated: Apr 8
GREENVILLE, Ohio – The Darke County Visitors Bureau will offer a shared, paid summer internship to a qualified student in the areas of marketing, tourism and hospitality. This individual will be part of a dynamic marketing team and have the opportunity to be involved with virtually all aspects of the organizations’ efforts.
The ideal, vibrant candidate will greet and assist visitors; answer phone and share information with callers; answer questions; maintain databases, e-newsletters, websites and social media outlets; assist in creation, setup, teardown and volunteer staffing of various booths at festivals; and assist with the creation of new marketing materials, among other duties.
The candidate will be friendly and outgoing; have a genuine interest in serving others; demonstrate attention to detail; keep commitments; deal effectively with frequent change, delays or unexpected events; strive to build knowledge and skills; contribute to positive team spirit and have an interest in marketing and tourism, and have knowledge of Greenville and Darke County.
The candidate must be able to adapt to a flexible schedule working some evenings and weekend hours. They should possess a valid Ohio Drivers License and have reliable transportation.
Individuals who possess the talents listed are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 p.m. on April 25, 2022.
Information can also be mailed to 421 S. Broadway, Greenville, OH 45331.
Greet and assist visitors; answer phone and share information with callers, answer questions; maintain brochure racks, databases, e-newsletters, websites and social media outlets; assist in creation, setup, teardown and volunteer staffing of various booths at festivals; assist with creation of special project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Greet visitors in a professional, friendly manner. Answer questions to the best ability; provide materials such as visitors guide, brochures, maps and information.
• Answer phone with a professional, friendly tone of voice.
• Assemble visitor packets and goody bags.
• Maintain electronic databases of people requesting travel and tourism information.
• Update / maintain social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, etc).
• Maintain DCVB’s website with events, photos, information, etc.
• Organize / maintain racks located in the office and other locations throughout the county.
• Assist director with creation of displays for events such as First Fridays, The Gathering at Garst and The GREAT! Darke County Fair by organizing visual displays, demonstrations and volunteers, as well as setup and teardown.
• Maintain adequate stock of brochures and other tourism-related literature.
• Maintain cleanliness and orderliness in office.
• Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
Competency To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Demonstrate attention to detail
• Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills
• Share expertise with others
• Respond promptly to customer needs
• Maintain confidentiality
• Remain open to others’ ideas and try new things
• Contribute to building a positive team spirit
• Edit work for spelling and grammar
• Able to read and interpret written information
• Exhibit confidence in self and others
• Keep commitments
• Follow policies and procedures set by board
• Complete tasks correctly and on time
• Deal effectively with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
• Be consistently at work, meetings and appointments on time
• Follow instructions, respond to direction
• Seek increased responsibilities
• Exhibit sound and accurate judgment
• Prioritize and plans work (uses time efficiently)
• Must be willing to adapt to a flexible schedule working some evening and weekend hours
• Should be able to lift 40 lbs.
• Possess a valid Ohio Drivers’ License
• Able to pass a drug-screening and background investigation prior to employment
Salary: $15 / hour
Starting Date: June 2022
Ending Date: August 2022
Job Type: Up to 40 hours per week, between 10AM-5PM, some evenings & weekends
How to apply
Application should include:
• Cover letter
• Professional resume
• Writing sample
• Three professional references
Deadline: April 25, 2022, or until filled.
Darke County Visitors Bureau
Attn: Greg Billing, Executive Director
421 S. Broadway
Greenville, Ohio 45331