DARKE COUNTY VISITORS BUREAU &
MAIN STREET GREENVILLE
JOB DESCRIPTION / POSTING
General Program Description
Main Street Greenville, Inc. (MSG) and the Darke County Visitor’s Bureau (DCVB) are 501(c)3 and 501(c)6 organizations, respectively. The two independent organizations have a unique strategic partnership in the form of a joint team that allows them to execute their missions with increased efficiency. The organizations’ have independent missions but find their overlap in promoting destinations to stimulate economic development.
General Definition of Work
Performs difficult skilled administrative support work performing a variety of tasks in the operation of the County's Visitor Center, assisting the Visitor's Center Director, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Visitor's Center Director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Promotes travel and tourism in the Downtown Area and the County.
● Create Website and Social Media (Twitter/Instagram/Facebook) engagements and posts on DCVB/MSG platforms.
● Create, promote, and market The Official Visitors Guide for Darke County, which is published every other year.
● Develop and supervise plans to promote Darke County as a visitor destination. Work in conjunction with surrounding VB’s to create new tourism programs and publicize the existing tourist attractions more fully.
● Coordinate activity of Main Street program committees (Promotions, Economic Vitality, Design, and Organization), ensuring that communication between committees is well established; assist committees with creation and implementation of work plan items.
● Develop, in conjunction with the Main Street program's Board of Trustees, strategies for downtown economic development and goals to bring new vibrancy to the downtown district.
● Assist downtown business owners or property owners with physical improvement projects when possible. Examples may include personal consultation; assist in locating appropriate contractors and materials; provide advice and guidance on necessary financial mechanisms for physical improvements.
● Encourage improvements in the downtown community's ability to undertake joint activities such as promotional events, advertising, uniform store hours, special events, business recruitment, parking management, and so on. Provide advice and information on successful downtown management. Encourage a cooperative climate between downtown interests and local public officials.
● Coordinate and oversee the implementation of fundraising initiatives in accordance with the fundraising plan approved by the board.
● Distribute literature.
● Assists the Director with center operations; performs the duties of DCVB/MSG Director when required.
● Represents the DCVB/MSG with state and local officials when the Director is absent or at the request of the Director.
● Receives and responds to inquiries regarding Center business or tourism
● Assists in training volunteers.
● Maintains brochure racks and storage room; orders brochures, map, and literature as needed
● Maintains related financial records.
● Answers all travel inquiries.
● Oversees and assists the appearance of the Welcome Center.
● Fulfill the obligations of the Director in their absence.
● Said duties will require mandatory evening and weekend hours during events and meetings.
● Said duties will require occasional travel for meetings and training sessions.
● All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Thorough knowledge of methods, approaches, and procedures involved in the travel industry and in tourist promotion; thorough knowledge of the historical and tourist attractions of the County; thorough knowledge of advertising practices and methods; ability to develop promotional programs and to carry them to a successful conclusion; ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; ability to plan and supervise the work of subordinates; ability to develop budgets and monitor expenditures; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other officials, associates, citizens, and the traveling public.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED and moderate experience in travel and tourism industry involving considerable public contact, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to find, handle or feel. The employee may be required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision required by this job includes close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
● All candidates must pass a Background Investigation and Drug Screening test.
● All Candidates must show proof of a current and valid Ohio Drivers’ License.
● Candidate must have experience in Windows-based programs and social media marketing. Graphic design software knowledge and experience are extremely helpful.
● This is a salaried position with benefits commensurate with experience and education.
● Benefits for the position include a retirement contribution and a cell phone stipend.
● The candidate will serve a probationary period, not to exceed 120 days.
● All candidates information must be received no later than 4 PM on December 31,
● Letter of Interest
● Resume with Professional References
Application material can be emailed to:
Or mailed to:
Darke County Vistors Bureau
421 S Broadway St,
Greenville, OH 45331
If you have questions, please contact Aaron Moran, DCVB Vice-President, at 937-621-1810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.